Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Informative Video about Gamer Chicks

5 posters

Go down

Informative Video about Gamer Chicks Empty Informative Video about Gamer Chicks

Post by Story Teller Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:30 pm

A video about the gaming industry and how to get more gamer girls playing stuff other than bejeweled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZVZRsy8N8
Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Informative Video about Gamer Chicks Empty Re: Informative Video about Gamer Chicks

Post by Marius Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:40 pm

That was actually interesting. Though I kept expecting to see Leigh come back in at the end.
Marius
Marius

Character sheet
Name: Marius
Position: Arbiter of Greater Sacramento

Back to top Go down

Informative Video about Gamer Chicks Empty Re: Informative Video about Gamer Chicks

Post by Guest Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:17 pm

That was pretty good. The whole series looks good. I found this one about moral choices particularly interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_KU3lUx3u0&feature=related

The dual axis (similar to AD&D) scale is a good idea. Something different needs to be done because I agree, the good/evil thing does not really work. And it is getting boring as hell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:44 pm

I disagree. I like the moral axis. It's very interesting. They just need more neutral choices or anti-hero types. Where your not a nice guy but your still "good". Like the Punisher for example.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet
Name: Solomon
Position: Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Demetria Von Hausen Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:41 am

I consider myself a gamer girl. I've played everything from the (almost complete) Half Life series, to Halo, to WoW and Sims games. The first video that Jason linked does make a lot of good points on how games are marketed to women. Marketing the game is not the only factor, however.

In almost every multiplayer game I've played, I've come across "herp omg youre a girl where do you live can i have a pic? :3". This needs to stop, honestly. A female who just happens to venture into these games to have some fun doesn't want to deal with the nigh stalker mentality that ensues. It scares us, precious.

Chick gamers may have even tried these, and found the casual, single player games to be a lot safer and lacking in that particular stress.
Demetria Von Hausen
Demetria Von Hausen

Character sheet
Name: Demetria Von Hausen
Position: Whip

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:11 am

Male gamers want to meet female gamers but that's not the way to really go about it so I agree. Hell it annoys me as a man to see that sort of behavior as well. Most people just want to play the game. I dislike "polls" a lot of people seem to put up in forumns about "how many of you are men/women". I see it as just a sad attempt to find dates.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet
Name: Solomon
Position: Elder

Back to top Go down

Informative Video about Gamer Chicks Empty Creepy Male Gamers

Post by Guest Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:07 am

Demetria Von Hausen wrote:In almost every multiplayer game I've played, I've come across "herp omg youre a girl where do you live can i have a pic? :3". This needs to stop, honestly.

I completely agree that it needs to stop. I myself have never done such a thing but that is because it is against my nature to do so, because I instinctively know that it is creepy behavior. But since a lot of gamers are by nature creeps, and so behave accordingly.

Another problem is that since it is online, a lot of male types take advantage of the anonymity, etc. and behave in ways they never would otherwise. These would be the more cowardly types.

Maybe if the goal of parity in male/female ratios of online gaming were achieved then it would be at least lessened considerably since it would not be such a big deal anymore when a male encountered a female online. But I just don't see it happening any time soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Theseus Ahroun Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:51 am

Due to the regular asshattery found in the online mmorpg's I've taken a semi permanent break from them. I can kill/fill what little free time I have that would have gone to those with single player games or just random hanging out with friends atm. Granted I don't face the same issues as a chick would doing gaming, especially of the online variety considering I'm a guy and my resemblance to a lumberjack.
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet
Name: Theseus Ahroun
Position: stubborn old Gangrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down