Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about Domain

4 posters

Go down

Question about Domain Empty Question about Domain

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:27 am

Can the Prince/Baron/Sabbat leader/ or otherwise leader of the city enter someone's Domain without permission beforehand? I'm curious if Domain applies to them? Or does it sort of matter on a case by case basis? I can see the Camarilla Princes doing as they please much of the time for example.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet
Name: Solomon
Position: Elder

Back to top Go down

Question about Domain Empty Re: Question about Domain

Post by Asher Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:17 am

According to my experience, years of life, & all the Camarilla cities I've been in, he/she who holds the city, owns the city. It is his/hers to protect along with all who reside there. The leader of a city is allowed to go into any territory within the his/her city. Notification upon entering a clans domain would be nice. It is not, however, required. How the Sabbat deal with their territory is none of our concern. They have their own fucked up way of dealing with shit. Their laws are not our laws nor Camarilla's laws. Anyway, back to the subject. I just checked my sources, and domain is listed under the protection of a Prince, but nothing about entering the individual domains held by the other clans. All my written material just states that the domain(s) are the leaders responsibility. So again, the information I have given is solely based upon my experience within the Camarilla only. How things are done here in Sacramento is up to Marius and the Elder Counsel.
Asher
Asher

Character sheet
Name: Asher
Position: Elder, Herald
Status: Ack, Revered, Calming, Brave, Feared, Noble, Adequate, Cherished, Commanding, Steady, Trustworthy, Genial

Back to top Go down

Post by Theseus Ahroun Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:22 am

It really is a case by case basis but traditionally said leader is powerful enough and travels with a large enough entourage he can come and go as he pleases. Sacramento currently works under a different rule set to the best of my knowledge allowing the leader of each individual clan to run that clan's domain as a sort of mini barony so long as you don't blatantly step on any of the overall rules for the domain.
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet
Name: Theseus Ahroun
Position: stubborn old Gangrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Connely Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:20 am

Theseus has it about right with one exception.

In the office I hold, as Protector, I control the domain boundaries. As a result of that, I can change borders to suit my needs. What that means is, if I need to enter an area, I can change a boundary until I'm done there.

Of course that doesn't really mean shit. If someone is willing to risk it, they can always attack me, destroy me, and then say they didn't know anything about a border change.

Seems might makes right, regardless of station or status. As long as you can get away with it.

As for the Arbiter, who's gonna say he can't come in? If he is caught in your domain without permission then I guess he's subject to the same rules as anyone else. If you can take him, and want too ya just gotta get away with it. Or get the hell outta his way and let him do his business.
Patrick Connely
Patrick Connely

Character sheet
Name: Patrick Connely
Position: General
Status: Acknowledged, Revered, Fearless, Well known, Exalted, Feared, Trustworthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:33 am

I was just curious about how that all applied to the "leader" of a city. Thanks for the answers.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet
Name: Solomon
Position: Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down