Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City Business

5 posters

Go down

City Business Empty City Business

Post by Nathaniel Polonius Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:48 am

As I am the Elder of clan Lasombra, I wish to start my tenure by bringing to the courts attention the fact that the position in the court that was held by the fallen Raven has been left unfilled.

While I understand the council has decided that it was to remain unfilled, I believe through my conversations that it was because they believed that no one wanted the job. While this job remains vacant Marius, our leader, has to take on the additional duty of determining who is to be acknowledged and granted the right of Progeny. While at the moment, this may not seem like a taxing duty, it may be in the near future. With the troubles the city has had, I believe the less of these mundane duties the leader of our city must attend to the better. I believe leaving the position unfilled also violates the organizational system Marius instituted.

What better way to demonstrate the return to normalcy, than to fill out the Triumvirate that Marius so wisely put in place?

I have no specific person in mind, and I have no intentions of accepting the position myself. I bow to the will of the council in it's selection of the person best suited to the job.

Accordingly, I call for a council meeting at the earliest opportunity to select the appropriate person for this position.
Nathaniel Polonius
Nathaniel Polonius

Character sheet
Name: Nathaniel Polonius
Position: Clan elder

Back to top Go down

City Business Empty Re: City Business

Post by Vai Castillian Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:10 pm

So hold on.

You're telling the Council that because you say so, we have to, whether the rest of us want to or not, select a person to fill this position?
Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Demetria Von Hausen Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Was that just the lazy way out of the situation, or the council's true decision that Marius' efforts to delegate power to others beside himself should be in vain? It was the Arbiter's wish that there be three in power with relatively equal say in how this city runs.

And yes, I'm aware that I'm not an Elder. I still feel, however, that the position should be filled to take a bit of the strain off of the two Officers that are in place. I'm sure as soon as my Elder sees such an important matter on the table, he will be more than willing to render an opinion on the subject - after all, he is the voice of clan Tremere.
Demetria Von Hausen
Demetria Von Hausen

Character sheet
Name: Demetria Von Hausen
Position: Whip

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:20 pm

I also believe there should be a Warden, I don't think there should only be two positions of power and it would indeed lesson the Arbiter's load of duties.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet
Name: Solomon
Position: Elder

Back to top Go down

City Business Empty i put my name in the hat.

Post by David Barker Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:55 pm

it would be good to have one more person to brake a tie if a problem came up that needs to be delt with.
David Barker
David Barker

Character sheet
Name: David Barker
Position: noun

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:56 am

Good point, there is that issue as well.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet
Name: Solomon
Position: Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down