Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My actions within the city

+6
Leo Henly
Asher
Francois Marseille
Vai Castillian
Frank_Malk
Patrick Connely
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My actions within the city Empty My actions within the city

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:44 pm

Citizens of Sacramento, I write this post with a heavy heart. I have performed a thing within this city that is without honor but I believe was necessary.

Marius, I wish to inform you publicly that I have for all intents and purposes, in your absence, reversed all the sanctions against members of this court with the exception of Sayd. I do this because the threat to our city is too great to allow such a fracture in our city to continue.

I have fought besides you on several occasions and have spoken with you at length and know you to be a intelligent and brave individual that I hold in high esteem. I feel pained and saddened to do this thing I have done. However this may have occurred I call on you to see the inevitable and bow out gracefully and accede the position to me . I have polled the elders, and you have little support at this time. If you attempt to carry on I will declare Praxis and take the position by force. I do not wish to do so, however I will.

I will speak further on this matter pending your reply.

Back to top Go down

My actions within the city Empty Re: My actions within the city

Post by Patrick Connely Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:05 pm

What the shit is this Richard?

Are you seriously trying to claim praxis over the internet?!

What about all that talk last gathering about, "I will make him see reason, and will only claim praxis against him if left with no other choice."

You sneaky Tremere bastard. It was just lies to keep me from interfering so you can steal the Baron position over the internet! Well if he gives it to you, enjoy the next six days buddy...that's all I gotta say on the matter.
Patrick Connely
Patrick Connely

Character sheet
Name: Patrick Connely
Position: General
Status: Acknowledged, Revered, Fearless, Well known, Exalted, Feared, Trustworthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:50 pm

Thank you for your kind word Patrick. I am doing as I said I would do, and I will only declare Praxis if Marius does not see the reason of my words.

However, if you feel that you have a claim, feel free to see me next week. I'll be more than happy to "discuss" this with you. I'm just trying to make the situation go as smoothly as possible, you as a citizen of this city have the right of challenge at any time regardless of what Marius does. So what are you so worried about?

If I was trying anything underhanded, I wouldn't have been as transparent as I have and posted it here publicly. I would have negotiated with Marius in private and presented the city a Fait Accompli on Saturday had everything thing worked to my goal.

Your words are petty and meaningless. They go against everything that is necessary for this city at the moment. You are thinking only to your quest for power as you have done in the past. Put aside your rhetoric Patrick as it is only fueling the schism in our city.

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Connely Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:35 pm

"However this may have occurred I call on you to see the inevitable and bow out gracefully and accede the position to me . I have polled the elders, and you have little support at this time. If you attempt to carry on I will declare Praxis and take the position by force. I do not wish to do so, however I will." -Richard Delacourt Quote

You cheeky bastard!

Someone's trying to steal it from me again!

I think you were lying when you said you'd use reason first, then claim praxis as a last resort. You wanted Praxis all along, and now you're trying to do it over the internet.

Fine, once again I get screwed out of it. So this is how it's gonna work. If he gives it to ya without a fight, I'm claiming praxis against you Richard. It isn't gonna be no damn vote, it's not gonna be your friends against my friends. It's gonna be me kicking your ass, and when you wake up, I might let you stay in my city.

If he does fight ya for it, and you win, fine...you earned it. Same goes for Marius. If he whups you, then he'll have earned it for a while too. That's the reason I didn't press my claim after I sobered up and heard he had beat Larissa in a stand up fight. However, I'm not gonna let you pass around baron like it's a joint at a grateful dead concert.

Either the one that leads me is a tough son of a bitch with violent tendencies, or I'll be the tough son of a bitch with violent tendencies. Either way the city comes out the better for it, in my opinion.
Patrick Connely
Patrick Connely

Character sheet
Name: Patrick Connely
Position: General
Status: Acknowledged, Revered, Fearless, Well known, Exalted, Feared, Trustworthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Agreed...

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Malk Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:23 am

Mr. Delacourt,

What do you mean by see reason in your words? Do you mean that he should step down weather or not your words are reasonable? Or that if he finds them unreasonable you will listen to his counter arguments? He held you in such favor and trust, I wonder, did somebody sneak into your mind and corrupt it?

I ask now, so that I can make an informed opinion of the matter at hand, what reason are you challenging his leadership? What horrible crime has he committed to cause this change of heart? Last week I saw impaitence from you and a clouded head, and Marius acting cooler than many of his clan act, with ration and fore-thought. Was it because he did not rush into battle? Was it because he chose diplomacy over war? And make no mistake that was the option. So, please, enumerate his failure so that we may see them in the light.

Frank Hamilton
Harpy

Frank_Malk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vai Castillian Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:48 am

What the fuck, Richard?

I've heard the rumor that all Tremere eventually go as batty as Malkavians, and you're starting to make me believe it. That was the most rambling, unclear maybe-Praxis seizure I've ever seen. And over the Internet? What, you couldn't use the phone or something? Or was this post just a big piece of theatrics?

If you weren't completely drunk with bloodlust two weeks ago (seriously, I had to ask Raven to make sure you didn't blow up the city, and I think we both know irrational that makes you by comparison) you would have been allowed to attend the meeting with Francois, Sayd, and Theseus, and you'd know that they brokered a deal. I had to skip town for some business after that, but if things finished the way they started, the sanctions were going to be lifted.

... Or is it the lifting of the sanctions that you're opposed to? And why Francois, Thadius, and Theseus, but not Sayd? What did he do that none of them did? Francois was the one responsible for kidnapping Raven's childer, and Theseus gave him the location, and I think Thadius was guarding them. As far as I know, Sayd was the only one not directly involved. Do you object to that?

At any rate, think hard before you go through with this Praxis thing. You say that Marius' support with the Elder Council is weak. You'd better poll your support, first. Because if it comes down to you or Patrick, the Nosferatu support Patrick. He's a fucking asshole who'll probably run the city into the ground, but at least he's not a spineless, backstabbing puppet -- and that's all you'd ever be. If you have any support at all, it's because the elders who support you know that.
Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Malk Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Mr. Delacourt,

Please feel free to answer my question. What crimes has the Arbiter committed?

Frank_Malk

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois Marseille Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Mr. Malk,

I do not believe you will get the answers you seek. I would imagine Mr. Delacourt will discuss this matter with Marius upon his return.

I also would advise that you not press too hard at this point. You no longer have sufficient status to press the issue without embarrassing yourself. Though that is a completely separate issue and unrelated to the dispute between Richard Delacourt and Marius the Arbiter.
Francois Marseille
Francois Marseille

Character sheet
Name: Francois Marseille
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Malk Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:37 pm

Did I miss something? Was my status at Harpy removed? If it was, I would like to know. I wouldn't want to prosecute those duties, and be out of order. And as for pushing, I hope it didn't come across that way. In the past I've asked a question and had been ignored, and while I didn't expect much more, it would be good to know what people have done so I know who to trust.

Frank_Malk

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois Marseille Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:22 am

It's not really my place to say. It must have been just a rumor.

Francois Marseille
Francois Marseille

Character sheet
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:19 pm

Frank, per the Elder Counsel, you were voted out and Vincent into the Harpy position. At the time you were brought into the position, we didn't have all the Elders in court. But now that we are all back again we can make the decisions that we need to make in order for our city to work. If you have an issue with this, then I suggest you bring it before the Elders.
Asher
Asher

Character sheet
Name: Asher
Position: Elder, Herald
Status: Ack, Revered, Calming, Brave, Feared, Noble, Adequate, Cherished, Commanding, Steady, Trustworthy, Genial

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Henly Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:28 pm

Just to be clear Frank. They said nice things about you, but now that the council is whole again, they wanted to consider other people for the job. Vincent was the best choice, and thankfully he accepted.

Lots of folks said you might be really good for the position, but lack of time here was your biggest obstacle. In time I'm sure you can turn that around, but it wasn't anything personal.

Cheers

Leo Henly

Character sheet
Name: Leo Henly
Position: Brujah Clan Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vai Castillian Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Oh, sorry, was someone impersonating me last week? I don't recall being there, so it's stretching a bit to say we were ALL there.
Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:37 pm

I don't think ONE person would really have made a huge difference and certainly wouldn't have changed the vote but yes, it should probably be added not everyone was there. Although...aren't you always complaining about how they take too long, its a waste of time and you don't want to be there? You'd have died. This meeting took at least 2 hours.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet
Name: Solomon
Position: Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:26 am

Good point, Solomon.
Asher
Asher

Character sheet
Name: Asher
Position: Elder, Herald
Status: Ack, Revered, Calming, Brave, Feared, Noble, Adequate, Cherished, Commanding, Steady, Trustworthy, Genial

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Malk Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:49 pm

*post moved to it's own thread*

Frank_Malk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vai Castillian Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Solomon, I'm willing to bet that it would have been a lot shorter if I'd been present. Just a guess.
Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:26 pm

No. It wouldn't have. Primogen/Elder meetings should not revolve around one persons need to end it quickly.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vai Castillian Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:49 am

I think you need to take a poll of the Elder Council and, more specifically, their desire to spend two hours straight in my company and re-think your post about the needs of one person.
Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:14 pm

I'm still not sure what I think of you Vai.
Raven
Raven

Character sheet
Name: Raven
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by DelRay Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:58 pm

Why is every one trying to run this city like it was a cam city???
DelRay
DelRay

Character sheet
Name: Indy
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois Marseille Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:46 pm

So many changes of late. I can see why you would be shocked into thinking that is the case.

It's funny really. I can only recall one time the elder council gathered during Demetria's reign, and even the reason for it is beyond me. Things sure have changed a lot in recent times. I personally think it an improvement. The clans are more engaged now, and though it's mostly grumbling and complaining, it's certainly better than apathy. The council has found strength, and learned to wield it in common cause. Perhaps one day the council, for which I'm no longer a part of, will one day be all we need.

In many ways, I imagine we have Marius to thank for that. Wether intentional or as a side effect, we have begun to grow as a city, and the council that draws it's strength from the kindred of the city has grown proportionately.

I fear poor Vai may one day envy me. I don't see this council losing steam any time in the near future. Though I do not share her sentiments, as I do admit to missing the thrill of it all, I can certainly find some small amount of pity for her unique situation.

Francois Marseille
Francois Marseille

Character sheet
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:19 am

I actually liked sitting in on it myself. Its at least something to do. It's boring sitting around outside while you all talk.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vai Castillian Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:39 am

Hey, if I had to drop obfuscate to clear out a two hour meeting, I'd do it. Or at the very least, I'd let you guys get a whiff of what I really smell like. Sewers have nothing, absolutely nothing, on some of the fouler smells that the ocean burps up from time to time.

But thank you Raven. Smile I do try to keep people on their toes.
Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next