Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other house rules.

3 posters

Go down

Other house rules. Empty Other house rules.

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:50 pm

Trying to remember ones I was told:
Celerity can be used with Flight to increase speed.
Each level of cel adds 25 mph to flight speed.
Summon only works within city boundaries unless your very low gen. (8th or lower I think?)
Vampires with low humanity or not on humanity do NOT stay torpored for centuries unless woken up. It lasts about a week tops?
The 3 hit kill rule: If you can hit an opponent 3 times in a row and they don't heal the damage they die. You must however state you are trying for a 3 hit kill. The 3 hit rule only applies with weapons that do aggravated damage. A sword without aggravated damage could be used but the opponent must be unable to heal or otherwise not able to interrupt your 3 challenges. For example, if completely out of blood, or if staked etc. (Or perhaps two mere mortals fighting with swords against each other? ALA Samurai duel?)
Influence and Abilities scale with XP cost. It costs 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 XP. So it would cost 15 XP total to go from 1-5.
Level 1 Blood Bond breaks down after a month.

Last edited by Solomon Gargoyle on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet
Name: Solomon
Position: Elder

Back to top Go down

Other house rules. Empty Re: Other house rules.

Post by Theseus Ahroun Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:15 pm

For the 3 hit kill you must have an appropriate ability such as Imprint, Feral Claws or a couple other similar disciplines.

Level 1 blood bond does the same as it always has, blood bonds in general aren't necessarily permanent in this game however unless they are maintained.
Theseus Ahroun
Theseus Ahroun

Character sheet
Name: Theseus Ahroun
Position: stubborn old Gangrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:27 pm

I'm told you could still 3 hit kill with a sword or somesuch. It doesnt have to be a supernatural power. Like killing a mortal with a sword is pretty damn easy. Jason told me lvl 1 blood bond does nothing at all though. Not even the stuff the book says. No feelings, no nothing.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Story Teller Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Nope, I don't know why you think that about the blood bond. It works as normal, The only change I mention is that it wears off after 1 month for lvl 1 bond. All other levels function as per the book.

3 hit rule only applies with weapons that do aggravated damage. A sword without aggravated damage can be used but the opponent must be unable to heal or otherwise not able to interrupt your 3 challenges. For example, if completely out of blood, or if staked etc.

Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Gargoyle Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:56 pm

Hmm my bad then on the blood bond. Wonder if Adena possibly told me that? I thought someone told me that lvl 1 blood bond didnt do anything like how the book says you think about them, try to find reasons to be where they might show up and other stuff because you guys didn't want to deal with all that for just lvl 1 blood bond.
Solomon Gargoyle
Solomon Gargoyle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Story Teller Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:20 pm

It's possible we told you we weren't going to take our NPC heavy city, and run around acting twitterpated every time an NPC is 1 pt blood bound, but I don't think we re-wrote the rules on that one.

Storytellers have a hefty load of responsibilities as it is, trying to generate extra work load on them is only going to make them bitter, which will eventually sour the game. It's best to take a relaxed outlook, allow them to flow with their creative ideas without stifling them with cumbersome rules or tasks. Setting your standards high enough to cause the ST's fun to sour as they try to meet those standards just hurts every ones fun in the end.
Story Teller
Story Teller

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down