Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To those without the status of Elder

+3
Demetria Von Hausen
Vai Castillian
Marius
7 posters

Go down

To those without the status of Elder Empty To those without the status of Elder

Post by Marius Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:17 am

This missive is directed to those that do not possess the title of Elder. It applies in general to all clans, but I am particularly directing these comments to those that are part of clans Malkavian, Gangrel, Settite, Toreador and Ventrue.

On Saturday night, five elders stood before the court and made the claim that fully half of the acknowledged members of this court wished me to resign. They claimed to have your backing, but how many of you were actually consulted in this matter before these elders took action? They tried to use you, and your unvoiced opinions to their own political ends. Lord help us, you watched while they did it and were silent.

I can understand your silence, an elder can be a dangerous figure to cross, but it cannot be sustained. I tell you now that you must speak. In fact, I shall compel it of you shortly and for that I am truly sorry, because I shall force you to choose sides, something you were unwilling to do on Saturday night. It is my decision that your silence has cost you your acknowledgment.

Every member of these five clans, Gangrel, Malkavian, Settite, Toreador and Ventrue is no longer acknowledged by this court.

You may regain your acknowledgment at court this weekend by meeting two requirements. First, you must be sponsored by a member of the court who is currently acknowledged. Second you must reapply to this court for admission to this city. You are guilty of nothing but silence but nevertheless that has cost you. Now, in order to regain what you have lost, you must find your voice and rejoin the struggle to create a better society.

Marius, Protector and Arbiter of Greater Sacramento

Last edited by Marius on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minor touches)
Marius
Marius

Character sheet
Name: Marius
Position: Arbiter of Greater Sacramento

Back to top Go down

To those without the status of Elder Empty Re: To those without the status of Elder

Post by Vai Castillian Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:32 am

If you weren't at court last Saturday and need a way back in, Clan Nosfertau has you covered. For the price of a favor, I'll be happy to sponsor anyone who's of the opinion their elder screwed them. Of course, you come off looking like someone who had to buy their way back in, but let's face it, if you had a strong sense of personal dignity, you wouldn't be thinking of approaching the Nosferatu to start with.

If you WERE at court on Saturday, sucks to be you. That 'oh poor me, my elder will huuuuurt me' bullshit only goes so far in my book. Find a sucker with a bleeding heart.
Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

To those without the status of Elder Empty Re: To those without the status of Elder

Post by Demetria Von Hausen Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:36 pm

You realize, this means war. You overstep your bounds, and underestimate the tenacity of those who feel wronged.

And what if someone were asked by their elder to remain neutral? Tremere didn't vote, or are you not recalling that correctly?

I have held my tongue for quite a while, out of respect. I have diligently done my best to fit within the new constraints and expectations of the court. When it was made clear over and over that the elders, and elders alone held a voice in the more crucial decisions, I abided and let my elder speak for the clan, as he has a right to do. Now, I must beg for readmission to the court?

I think not.

You can have the Warden position back. Why don't you give yourself the status for it too, while you're at it, like you did with Keeper when you refused to appoint one. How many positions do you think you can hold at once?

I'm done. Consider me an enemy of the state from now forward.
Demetria Von Hausen
Demetria Von Hausen

Character sheet
Name: Demetria Von Hausen
Position: Whip

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois Marseille Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:42 pm

I would like to point out to the kindred of this city, that it is an Autark and Independent city.

We were founded on the idea that this is a place for second chances and freedom. A place away from oppression and the strict rules by which the camarilla thrives. Now we are on the brink of sinking back into Camarilla ways. That we are on the brink of Kneeling before a Tyrant.

Marius has taken the stance in the past that Freedoms will be maintained, and Sayd has told me of Marius's direct order to allow the members of this court to speak their mind freely against him. YET!! When confronted about the way he leads us you see the result.

I call on you to not fall for his plan! Do not grovel before him, and place yourself firmly under the fist of a Tyrant. We do not ask you to strike out against him, we respect your personal freedom to choose, but we do ask, that you do not make this mistake my brothers.

We are united in common cause against this Camarilla Lap dog. We are united in effort to remove his stain from our beloved city, and all we ask is that you remain safe until the smoke clears!!

Stay in your Havens! Protect what's yours! We beg of you to not place yourself in Harms way for a man that will bribe you, use you, and when you no longer have worth replace you at his whim!!

Guard what's yours! Let him hold an empty court, let him see the fruit of his labors. Provide us with a clear target, and when all is over, we WILL welcome you back with open arms!

You will not owe us boons, and you will not be seen as a lesser person! In fact, for all those who gave Marius your support take a moment to assess the coward for what he is!! Consider the petty way he lashes out in a childish attempt to recover from his foolish mistakes!

We will not abandon you! We will set you all free!!
Francois Marseille
Francois Marseille

Character sheet
Name: Francois Marseille
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vai Castillian Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:08 pm

What the fuck, Dimetria? Are you Malkavian now or something and did you forget to take your medicine? Are you suddenly incapable of reading comprehension? Is Aunt Flo visiting?

The Tremere didn't get unacknowledged. So chill.
Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marius Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:09 pm

Demetria,

Reread my posts. Only the five clans whose elders stood against me are unacknowledged. I do not overstep my bounds. You have misunderstood what I wrote, I am sure you will realize that after rereading.

All I expect is that people be reacknowledged by this court after standing aside on Saturday.

Marius, Protector and Arbiter of Greater Sacramento
Marius
Marius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Demetria Von Hausen Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Just to let you know, I have a secure copy of this post stashed away, encrypted tighter than a nun's quim on Sunday. No editing or back-pedaling allowed. "Oh, what I really mean to say was (random showing of belly)."

Marius wrote:This missive is directed to those that do not possess the title of Elder. It applies in general to all clans,...
Demetria Von Hausen
Demetria Von Hausen

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Henly Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:12 pm

Maybe Marius mis-spoke? I'm sure you don't mean all clans that abstained from a vote in your favor have to ask for their acknowledgement and find someone to speak for them?

Cause maybe i'm a bit confused, but I didn't vote for you either. I didn't vote either way, but I don't think I'm cool with you stripping my fellow brujah's acknowledgment for it. I thought we were cool and had worked this out, now I'm wondering how much ass you expect us to kiss just for the privilege of living in your city.

Please clarify what you have said.....Cause you're starting to look like Darth Vader over here.

Leo Henly

Character sheet
Name: Leo Henly
Position: Brujah Clan Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Demetria Von Hausen Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:14 pm

You said ALL CLANS, but in particular the ones listed. You're including everyone. Maybe you should have reread it before posting, but I read it just fine.
Demetria Von Hausen
Demetria Von Hausen

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Marius Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Demetria,

The general comment, that people may fear crossing their elders, apply to all clans. As you are practically an elder in ability, if not age Demetria, I doubt even the general comments apply to you. Speak to Richard to explain the post if you have trouble grasping my intent. My court stands united in this decision.

If you reread the UNDERLINED part of the post, you'll see that only five clans suffer the repercussions of their elders actions. Not because they abstained, but because they opposed me with physical violence.

Marius
Marius
Marius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Demetria Von Hausen Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:16 pm

Vai, you can fuck right off.

Read more clearly, dumbass.
Demetria Von Hausen
Demetria Von Hausen

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Marius Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Obviously I've offended you Demetria. If I had read this post as you did I would be equally insulted, but that was not my intent, and you have made it clear that I should not edit the post for clarity. Have I clarified it enough for you to grasp my true intentions and not your fears?
Marius
Marius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Henly Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Guys! Stop! Marius...Fucking apologize man! Don't drive Demetria to the other side! Fucking shut up Vai!!

Damn it all, stop pissing everyone off!

Leo Henly

Character sheet
Name: Leo Henly
Position: Brujah Clan Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Mezzer Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:20 pm

Please stop antagonizing her! She's Raging on her keyboard!

I think the escape key just hit me in the forehead!

I am going to attempt to pull her away from her keyboard. If I don't survive this, would some one give me a grave marker with something nice on it about courage!

Thanks
Vincent Mezzer
Vincent Mezzer

Character sheet
Name: Vincent Mezzer
Position: Warden of Greater Sacramento

Back to top Go down

Post by Marius Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:21 pm

If the words I am sorry are sufficient then I can not say them strongly enough. I agonized over that post so long that I allowed the intent to become contradicting by the preamble. Any who speak their mind are welcome in this court. Those that allow their elders to threaten violence in their name are not. That applies only to those five clans stated in the original post.
Marius
Marius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Demetria Von Hausen Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:22 pm

The underlined part be damned. You started the post off including everyone. Everyone. Reread the first two sentences.

Because Tremere stayed aside, there are now 5 Tremere in the city without acknowledgement, one of which is very fucking pissed right now. And just what are we supposed to do about the Scourge, hm? Ever think of that? That she could destroy us if she felt livfbm .,pa.!d//
Demetria Von Hausen
Demetria Von Hausen

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Mezzer Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:24 pm

Whew...had to stake her...

She has a temper....the only way to calm her is to get her away from her computer for a while.

I hope to have her calmed down before tomorrows court. So if we haven't had our acknowledgement removed I guess we'll see you then. I don't know If i'll release her prior to that unless I have the support of the rest of the clan first.
Vincent Mezzer
Vincent Mezzer

Character sheet
Name: Vincent Mezzer
Position: Warden of Greater Sacramento

Back to top Go down

Post by Marius Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:25 pm

All Tremere are acknowledged. They never lost it and were never in any danger of losing it.
Marius
Marius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vai Castillian Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:56 pm

Hey, awesome. If I poke Demetria enough on the boards, will she throw a temper tantrum and make the chantry explode?
Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Malk Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:18 am

Now it may be because I'm crazy, or maybe it's you guys that are nuts, but why is it ok for Francois to kill his entire, once again I will repeat ENTIRE COURT, and be told, no that's alright you are with in your rights, but not for Marious to remove acknowledgment? Is that some how worse then Final Death? Or am I missing something here?

Also, I read the post, and then read everybody's responses to it, then read it again, and as one of the 5 clans that was underlined, which seemed to me to be the important part, I have to ask where did the confusion come from? It's a warning to all of those that didn't back one way or the other and a punishment to those that did. Now is it heavy handed? Yes, I would say so. Is it unfair? Only if you are a sissy mary who owes somebody to many favors or is afraid they have no real friends in Court.

Would I have done the same? Maybe, maybe not. I might have just driven the elders bat-poop crazy and then asked the clans to find a new rep for the council until the actual elder is better. Or maybe I would have forced them into a one or two step blood bind to me and then asked them to give lap dances to their opposite elders. I donno.

But I will say this, I plan on asking for re-acknowledgement to the city. Why? I hate the Sabbat (blood-thirsty maniacs the lot of them), Can go to the Camarilla and the Anarchs are just targets waiting to be picked off.

Frank_Malk

Back to top Go down

Post by Demetria Von Hausen Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:51 am

I have been released from the stake. I am much calmer now, and able to see more rationally.

First of all, I'd like to explain a few things. I've only told a select few, but it seems I lost control of it for the first time, and everyone who interacts with me has a right to know.

I have a derangement. I've been told it's commonly referred to as 'Crimson Rage'. When I am under the effects of the derangement, I am no longer in control of my temper. I have several triggers, and unfortunately, my interpretation of the original posting by Marius set me off. Being asked if I was "being visited by Aunt Flo" didn't help the situation.

Marius later apologized and explained, but I was past accepting it, as my rational mind was on forced vacation. Marius - as you were one of the few that I confided in, I'm gladdened that you didn't lash out at me for my harshness.

To our new Harpy: You weren't Harpy at the time of your post, but you are now. I sincerely hope that, given your new position of high honor in the city, you refrain from making passive aggressive remarks questioning my courage and how many friends I have. As you have only been to court twice yourself, I can assure you - I have quite a few people that would call me friend. I have repeatedly laid my well-being on the line to assure this city's safety in the past. As a Malkavian, I'm sure you can understand what it's like to be deranged in some manner, and kindly ask that you not question these points again in a manner that could cause me to lose my grip on my temper.

Moving onward. I came to this city because it was a haven for those who do not fit within their previous allegiances. One could come to Sacramento to start their unlife anew. A clean slate, if you will. The leadership has changed a few times since I first arrived, but the underlying reason we're all here remains.

In my observations, Francois is the one person in this court who has recently not been given the chance that we all have available to us. He is systematically ridiculed for past misdeeds that occurred before any of us were within these city limits. I ask you all now. How is this fair?

We have members of this city, as I type this right now, who are formerly Sabbat members. Have they been questioned about their past? And if it was found that someone had a sordid past, but has honestly tried to start a new life... should we visit upon them as much as Francois has endured?

I only put this forward with the sincere hope that everyone who reads it takes a moment to give these questions an honest consideration.
Demetria Von Hausen
Demetria Von Hausen

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vai Castillian Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:09 pm

Mostly, Demetria, I'm fixated on the part where he staked Marius. I don't know if you were too drunk by that point to realize what was happening, but that went down.

I mean -- I get it, it's not really that big of a deal for anyone else, but that's because y'all weren't the ones who had to drag his sorry ass out of there. It was a big fucking inconvenience for me.

Francois has been in the city and held the prestige he's held up 'till this point, so obviously everyone's willing to mostly overlook his past -- hell, I'd stop needling him completely if he'd give me a full account of what went down and why. But having some mysterious past doesn't get you sympathy points with me, or consideration, or whatever it is that someone with a heart might be moved to provide. You're still just as responsible, in my opinion, as everyone else for the actions that you take now, in the present. So, you know, the staking thing.

Really, that goes for everyone. I'm not big into the whole extenuating circumstances thing.
Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Demetria Von Hausen Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:56 pm

I appreciate your points, and thank you for your articulate explanation.

May I point out, though, that Francois had already been bloodhunted at the point of staking? Any number of us might have reacted in the same capacity, had that declaration been put forth.

I'm not trying to belabor this, I'm merely making my opinion known. I shall say no more on this matter.
Demetria Von Hausen
Demetria Von Hausen

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vai Castillian Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:38 am

You're once again attributing to me an excessive amount of regard for touchy-feely bullshit. That shit might go down with Marius, but it lost its romance for me a long time ago. Personally, if I got myself bloodhunted, I'd get my happy ass out of town, not hang around staking people; that's very unlikely to end well.

At the end of the day, I don't care if someone is all tragic or misunderstood or can't control their own behavior, or what. If they do something to annoy me, I am still just as annoyed. And if someone proved to me that staking me was in their repertoire of behaviors, I'd want to get rid of them any way I could -- same as I'd expect anyone who I decided to stake to want me gone, without regard for my reasons why. A stake through the heart is a stake through the heart.

Fortunately for Francois, I'm not in charge, and Marius is still fond of tilting at windmills.

Vai Castillian
Vai Castillian

Character sheet
Name:
Position:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down